Brade Cooper & Associates, LLC
(215) 545-7777 | (888) 545-4755
about us
Monday, October 8, 2018

What to do if You’ve Been Hurt on a Rental Property

If you got injured in a slip and fall accident on your rental property due to your landlord’s negligence, you might be owed compensation. Read on to learn more about landlord liability!

To build your slip and fall case, it is important to prove that the landlord or property owner was negligent and at fault for the accident. The landlord or property owner had to cause or fail to prevent the accident. In fact, you need sufficient evidence to prove or else, you might be at fault and you’ll lose the case. For example, if there’s a leak in the pipes and you slip on the water, you could only prove the landlord is at fault in the following:

  • You notified the landlord of the leak and asked that he/ she fix it. However, they ignored your request or did not fix it in a timely manner.
  • If you didn’t notify the landlord of the leak in time but the landlord has prior knowledge of faulty pipes. However, if the state of the leaky pipes was apparent when you first moved in, but you didn’t note it or say anything to the landlord, then you could be at fault.

Always take pictures and document everything in any type of accident. It’s also good to establish a paper trail to ensure that you have evidence that the landlord was aware of any issues but failed to remedy them.

If you need legal aid for your slip and fall accident, please call one of our trusted Philly lawyers today at either of the following numbers: 

Philadelphia Office: 215-545-7777

Toll-Free: 888-545-4755


Get Help Now