Eating fast food, applying makeup, yelling to the backseat and worse – texting while your vehicle is at the mercy of your hands: Does this sound more than vaguely familiar? If it does, you’re not even remotely alone. In fact, 2.5 million distracted Americans cause road accidents every year and if the statistics continue this way, the U.S. population will vanish in only two American lifespans.
To put these demographics into greater perspective, we found current data provided by Distracted Driver Accidents.com and listed some here:
- 37,000+ people die in automobile crashes in the U.S every year.
- Every year, about 421,000 people are injured in crashes that have involved a driver who was distracted in some way.
- 1 out of 4 car accidents in the US are caused by texting while driving.
- Texting and driving is 6 times more likely to get you in an accident than drunk driving.
- 25% of teens respond to at least one text while driving, every single time.
- 10% of adults and 20% of teenagers have admitted that they have entire conversations over text message platforms while driving.
- When polled, 77% of adults and 55% of teenage drivers say that they can easily manage texting while driving.
Learn how Brad Cooper & Associates LLC can help you if you've suffered from an auto-related accident. Visit our website's subcategory, "Motorcycle, Auto + Truck Accidents." Read more from the source by clicking here.